DEMO is managed according to a sustainable approach, in a participatory and cross-border way.
Cultural structures, projects holder: become a DEMO partner!
Take part in the discussions and actions of an unprecedented and multisectoral project, make the most of DEMO’s experimentations and include sustainability to your own projects: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEMO European project
Together we can involve the musical sector into fresh dynamics!
DEMO (project for economy and sustainability in the musical field) is an ambitious European projects approved by Interreg V France-Wallonia-Flanders which brings together actors of the fields of contemporary music (concert venues and festivals) and sustainable development within a large cross-border cooperation area between France and Belgium.
The project has officially been launched in April 2016: it has been the onset of a range of actions and experiments which aim is to incorporate sustainability into our venue and events on an environmental but also social and economic dimension.
The Project, which goes on a large area covered by 11 partnerships and the populations they concern (from the North Sea to the Ardennes), is supported by the EU, which expects of it profits in line with its operational targets of enhancement of the cultural heritage and of its capitalisation though tourism.
- Create cross-border synergy between the cultural world and sustainability
- Encourage the rise of collective awareness and a change in people’s behaviour = environmental responsibility requirements
COMMITMENTS TO THE EU:
- Protect and value the environment and to promote a sustainable use of resources.
Promote and develop cross-border heritage in an innovative and sustainable way.
Re-brand the area so that tourism and cultural players may benefit from its reinforced attractiveness.
HERE ARE THE ACTIONS CARRIED OUT BY DEMO PARTNERS WITHIN THE MAIN AREAS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT:
01 – COMMON DIAGNOSIS & REPOSITORY
Create a common and shared work base, a framework.
02 – EXPERIMENT
Carry out experimental and innovative projects in line with a cross-border approach, in order to address issues facing the sector.
03 – SPREADING
Encourage good practices, consolidate and revitalise the area, take part in the structuring and development of different channels.
PARTNERS 4 FROM FRANCE / 3 FROM WALLONIA / 4 FROM FLANDERS
- Dour Festival (in partnership with 3D ASBL), Dour, Belgium
- Le Cabaret Vert (organised by Flap), Charleville-Mézières, France
- IeperFest, Ypres, Belgium
5 CULTURAL STRUCTURES:
- Le Grand Mix, Tourcoing, France
- Les 4Ecluses, Dunkerque, France
- Wilde Westen (FKA De Kreun), Courtrai, Belgium
- 4AD, Dixmude, Belgium
- Le centre culturel René Magritte, Lessines, Belgium
3 ORGANISATIONS FOR SUSTAINABILITY:
- ExtraCité, Lille, France
- IDEA, Mons, Belgium
- IMOG, Harelbeke, Belgium